Re: 2.6.4 kernel

I'm trying to build 2.6.4 kernel for the first time. I've tried the
kernel.org sources and the debian UNSTABLE sources but both give me
the same problems:

When I boot up, the framebuffer doesn't appear to be working. I get
white screen with a bit of text in the top left hand corner.

When X kicks in, I get the GDM login screen but my mouse and
keyboard are not working and I have to hard reboot.

I've tried different config options when building but nothing seems
to work. I'm not sure what to do next. I've also tried using Sven's
2.4.25-powerpc .config with very few changes (make oldconfig), but
this produces the same result.

I have installed the module-init-tools package.

thanks

Joss