Re: Sarge/beta-3 on a RS6000/43P-150 (PPC 604e, CHRP)?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 09:17:21AM -0000, Leigh Brown wrote:
> Sven Luther said:
> >> Any chance of a power3 kernel that I could try the installer on?
> >
> > Well, there are packages including the power3 kernels, and i believe i
> > unpacked them at :
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~luther/power3/2.4.25-2/
> >
> > The problem with initrd, is that i still need to build and initrd with
> > the power3 modules, which is something i am working on currently.
> >
> > Can you try the above kernel, and confirm it boots for you ? It does
> > boot for B50 boxes.
>
> I'll give it a whirl.

Yes, please do, as i am not entirely sure that the -benh tree i use will
be enoguh for power3 boxes, and maybe i need to build another kernel.

> > BTW, was it you who knew how to make bootable CDs ?
>
> Sure.  Did you see my initial description here:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/debian-powerpc-200401/msg01031.html

Yes, altough it slipped my mind with too much other work, and i didn't
read the .ps file.

Ok, thanks for providing the info again, i bookmarked it, and will use
it when the time for it has come.

But first i need to build pwoer3 initrds.

Friendly,

Sven Luther