Re: Sarge/beta-3 on a RS6000/43P-150 (PPC 604e, CHRP)?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:47:22AM -0800, Daniel Narkis wrote:
> Hi Patrick, Luther, all
>
> I'm trying the same on a 7025-f50 box.
> Till now I've burned the file
> vmlinuz-chrp-rs6k-di-beta3-2004.03.16 on a CD using
> ISO format - therefore file named vmlinuz (I'm not
> sure if other formats will boot)
> On the OF prompt:
> 0> boot cdrom:\vmlinuz devfs=mount
>
> Boot started and I entered into the "graphical" mode.
> (First time at this level of installation after 2
> weeks of experiments).
> I'm now stuck in loading the drivers for the network
> card and other devices - missing ncr53c8xx

Ok. This is a netboot build, since the cdrom install is too big for a
builtin initrd, so it is supposed to load the scsi modules from the
network. The SYM53C8XX_2 is builtin, but apparently this is not what you
need. Do you already have linux running on that box ? And even if you
don't, can you switch to console 2, and send me the content of
/proc/pci, or maybe the output of lspci and lspci -n

> I might use the driver-1.bin, driver-2.bin, but I
> don't know how to mount it
> # mount -r -t ext2 /dev/floppy /tmp/mnt
> returns "Block device required"

Mmm, not a good idea right now, especially as those driver.bin are woody
stuff, right ?

Normally the image above is self contained, if there are missing
modules, we need to check why, and make sure they are included in the
scsi .udeb.

Friendly,

Sven Luther