Re: Sarge/beta-3 on a RS6000/43P-150 (PPC 604e, CHRP)?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 08:06:57PM +0100, Patrick wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 17:49, Sven Luther wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Well, please try :
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/vmlinuz-chrp-rs6k-di-beta3-2004.03.16
> > together.
> >
> [snip]
> Thanks for the feedback. Just to make sure I am doing this right:
> currently I am using these images by burning them to a bootable cdrom
> where this image is the boot image. This is the right way? Or should I
> just burn the vmlinuz-chrp-rs6k-di-beta3-2004.03.16 image as data?

How should i know ? I have no idea how your hardware works, nor access
to it, so you will have more chance looking in your hardware manual or
something :)

That said, maybe this one :

Altough not for the same box as you, may be of some help. Go directly to
4. and how to netboot, not sure if you are able to netboot though.

> So I am currently doing something like this:
> mkisofs -b <image_name> -no-emul-boot -c boot.catalog -o cd.iso tmp/
> and then I burn cd.iso to an 80mins cdrw.
> Can you please also tell me what the exact line is to boot the cdrom in
> OpenFirmware. Is this right?
> 0 > boot cdrom:,\boot.bin console=ttyS0 devfs=mount

This could be ok, but as said, your OF implementation does differ some
of mne. I do :

  boot cdrom vmlinuz-chrp-rs6k-di-beta3-2004.03.16 devfs=mount

> For boot.bin should I use the name used for <image_name> during the
> mkisofs process?

No idea really, sorry.

> Sorry for the load of questions. Hopefully the answers will fill in the
> missing pieces of the CHRP install.

Yeah, probably, but these are not answers i have, sorry, i can only
provide you the actual chrp-rs6k kernel + initrd.

Sven Luther