Sarge/beta-3 on a RS6000/43P-150 (PPC 604e, CHRP)?
New to the list but not new to the archives, google and any place else I
could think of trying to find an answer.
I've seen some discussion on this list regarding RS6K CHRP boxes and it
doesn't really give me guidance how to successfully boot & install
Sarge/beta-3 on my 43P-150 (604e CPU, CHRP, OpenFirmware, no gfx card).
For instance, the images at http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/ don't
seem to work on a 43P Model 150 according to a subscriber of this list.
I could not make the sarge-powerpc-netinsta.iso image boot which can be
Hopefully your much appreciated pointers/feedback to the questions below
will get me to a successful install:
1) is there an iso image that I can use to boot the 43P-150 and get
into the installer? Where?
2) if yes, which command do I use on the OpenFirmware prompt?
I tried things like: 0 > boot cdrom:,\boot.img console=ttyS0
but that didn't work
3) if the bootable iso image idea won't fly, are boot images
available for booting the 43P-150/CHRP from a floppy? Where?
4) if yes, which command do I use on the OpenFirmware prompt?
5) perhaps I am looking in the wrong direction and you have *the*
solution which allows me to install Sarge/beta-3 in a blink
of an eye?
I am assuming that once successfully booted, the installer will be
automatically started. If that is not the case, some pointers how to
make that happen are most welcome.
Many thanks for your help.