2.4.25 kernel: suspend causes freeze on iBook2

Hi all,

I am running sid and just installed Sven's 2.4.25 kernel (package
kernel-image-2.4.25-powerpc-pmac) on my iBook2.  It works perfectly
with one unfortunate exception: the laptop does not wake up from suspend
mode when I re-open the lid.  The monitor displays only a pattern of
vertical colored bars, and it does not respond to any keystrokes (aside
from the Apple reboot sequence), nor can it be pinged.  This is completely
repeatable, and it happens whether or not I am running X.

I never had this problem before (upgraded from self-compiled
2.4.20-ben10).  I should note that my previous kernel used devfs but the
kernel of Sven doesn't appear to.

Any ideas?  My video hardware (according to /proc/pci) is a Radeon
Mobility M6 LY, and I load the following modules via /etc/modules at boot:
udf, evdev, dmasound_pmac, agpgart, radeon, tun, mol.
In /etc/yaboot.conf I have (snipped):

image=/vmlinux
	label=Linux
	append="video=radeonfb"
	read-only

I get a message at boot that the agpgart module does not exist, but I
don't know if this also occurred with my previous kernel (having already
deleted it).

I have installed Michael Daenzer's drm-trunk-module-src package, version
2004.02.28-2, compiled and installed the drm-trunk-module-2.4.25-powerpc
package.  I also have pmud version 0.10-6 installed and running.
/dev/pmu has permissions of 600, owned by root.root.  pmud config files
are unmodified, except for /etc/power/levels, which reads:

1
3

Thanks in advance for any help,