Help: 2.6.3 Kernel Problems -- Solution?

Help! I installed kernel-image-2.6.3 and while fixing a video problem
has completely cut off off networking, along with other commands -- the
reason I'm writing this from OS X, not Debian.

I was upgrading from 2.18 and when installing 2.6.3 (a kernel
supporting the iMac CRT), there was a screenful of post install errors
about a missing command.

The questions are: 1), how do I go back to a working kernel so I can at
least use Lynx, mail and reboot and 2), is there a solid version of the
kernel with iMac CRT support? Thanks a million.

Ed