Re: rivafb on pbook 12"

> Hi,
> after the update to 2.6.3-ben2 I'm back to vertical colored stripes and
> a complete hang with rivafb. Card is:
>  nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 440 Go 64M] (rev a3)
> It seem the edid code changed completely. Reverting it to 2.6.2 seems
> difficult. Some shots in the dark (such as disabling the hardware
> cursor, forcing flatpanel, using strictmodes, using I2C and/or OF for
> edid parsing) didn't help much and at best changed the color of the
> stripes. I'm having a hard time to debug this since the kernel doesn't
> boot (of course it does with ofonly) to get a reasonable dmesg output.
> Any hints?

I've heard rumours about similar breakage from other users regarding
different hardware (including plain mach64). From what I gather, BenH
(or Linus) has started to incorporate changes from the fbdev devel tree. I
was hoping to keep out of this until the dust settles, and didn't dare
upgrade yet. It looks like you already checked for the obvious; I'd bite
the bullet and revert to the 2.6.2 EDID parsing code.

	Michael