Re: suspend in ibook

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 13:14, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Yes, pmud is up and working and all those settings are in my kernel which
> > I build. I'm using 2.4 though.
> >
> > What I forgot to say in my earlier post is that I can put my ibook to
> > sleep manually typing "apm -s".
>
> So pmud appears to be working - can you confirm this by looking at
> /var/log/syslog (look for user requested sleep)?
>
> If you close the lid, is there any log message reporting 'lid closed' ?

No, it doesn't. Seems like a hardware problem. I called the guys at the apple
store and asked them. They told me that the computer acknowledges the lid
closed by a magnet and a sensor on the ¿motherboard?. If this is what is
failing, then it should be sent to apple Holland to be repaired...

--
Jesús Roncero Franco
Sevilla