Re: [mflaig@uni.de: Re: Build errors for 2.4.25-ben1]

Hi Michael

Sorry:
I saw your answers on this list only today, simply because I looked for
them in the thread I started.

So at least it seems to me now it wasn't a mistake in my config being
the cause for the build errors ... seems there's hope again at least
parts of my brains might be usable for the time coming ....

BTW: if you look to the old thread "Build errors for 2.4.25-ben1" you'll
see in my message from today that I got similar errors now like you ...

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 07:33, Michael Flaig wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 11:20:02PM +0100, Michael Flaig wrote:
> > sorry, forgot cc to the list ...
>
> > From: Michael Flaig <mflaig@uni.de>
> > To: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net>
> > Subject: Re: Build errors for 2.4.25-ben1
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 10:14:04PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > > On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 19:27, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > >
> > > [ ... ]
> > >
> > > And just in case it helps:
> > > Here's one of my configs for 2.4.25-ben1 that didn't work for the
> > > compile:
> > >
> > > <http://www.geocities.com/wolfgangpfeiffer/config.2.4.25-ben1.txt>
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > i have an TiBook 15" 1Ghz, so i will try compiling a kernel with your
> > config, to see if this is reproduceable. expect my answer tomorrow in
> > the morning...
> >
> > cu,
> >
> > 	mfl
>
> hi,
>
> it´s 7:30 now in germany. this night i compilled the kernel with your
> .config and used make-kpkg.
> it compiled well but package generation faild with:
>
> cp arch/ppc/boot/images/vmlinux.coff
> debian/tmp-image/boot/vmlinux.coff-2.4.25-ben1-tibook1
> cp: Aufruf von stat für ,,arch/ppc/boot/images/vmlinux.coff" nicht
> möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>
> I had this problem a long time ago, i think i solved it by linking
> vmlinux.coff to the kernel image or simply touch wmlinux.coff.
>
> I´ll try this an make the package available for download if you want,

No, thanks a lot for this friendly offer: in my case this is wasted
bandwidth:. I always try to compile my kernels myself (at least since I
moved to Debian, since it's relatively easy to do this on that system
... :)

In either case I'm preparing a move to 2.6: The latest 2.4 compile was
only made for backup purposes here, just in case something doesn't do
what it should in 2.6 ... :)
And the current working kernel is 2.4.24-ben1 here, which should be
insurance enough for future trouble ... :)

Thanks a lot for your time

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--