Re: suspend in ibook

Hi there!

the first things I'd check are:

	-Is the pmud up and running?

Example (`ps aux | grep "pmud"`):
root       419  0.0  0.2  1608  580 ?        S    Feb23   0:17 /sbin/pmud -a

Guess, this means yes ;).

	-Is APM-Emulation built into the kernel or loaded as module?

Example (/usr/src/linux/.config):
CONFIG_ADB_PMU=y
CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK=y
CONFIG_PMAC_APM_EMU=y
CONFIG_PMAC_BACKLIGHT=y

Do you use to build your kernels yourself or do you take those (sorry) crappy kernel-images? These kernel-images are not the best choice for iBooks.

You'll find my .config attached (G3/500 with ATi Rage M3). Despite its name, its also my 2.6.3-ben2 .config. Maybe (for sure) not the best config but I prefer having much networking-stuff built into my kernel. (oops, I swear I wanted to uncheck CONFIG_PREEMPT=y O:-))

Hand on, dude!

	Lukas

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:40:31 +0100
Thus spake Jes <jesus@roncero.org>:

> Hi,
> I'm sorry for this post as I believe it is a little bit offtopic. I own a G3
> 800 ibook and since some time, the ibook fails to suspend when I close it, as
> it used to before. I believe I read somewhere this could happen and it would
> require some kind of reset. Am I right? or is it a hardware fault?
> This is the list I know with most apple owners and I am not subscribed to any
> apple Mac OS list. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks.
> --
> Saludos

                         dreaming in digital