suspend in ibook

Hi,
I'm sorry for this post as I believe it is a little bit offtopic. I own a G3
800 ibook and since some time, the ibook fails to suspend when I close it, as
it used to before. I believe I read somewhere this could happen and it would
require some kind of reset. Am I right? or is it a hardware fault?
This is the list I know with most apple owners and I am not subscribed to any
apple Mac OS list. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
--
Saludos