Re: Fwd: Re: Airport Extreme Linux support [was: Apple iBook G4 & GNU/Linux (Debian) compatibility?]

> If that is indeed true, it would be enough for someone to buy said
> Linksys wifi access point, and then ask for the full kernel sources you
> are legally entitled too by the GPL.

You can find the sources of all the GPL software used in the WRT54G on
http://www.linksys.com/support/gpl.asp

However, you won't find the sources for the particular module used to drive
the Broadcom chipset since it is a closed-source one.
And I don't see how you could get them to release the sources arguing about
the GPL unless you manage to make them consider kernel modules as derivative
work...

But that still leaves me wondering why broadcom/linksys wouldn't release (a
closed source module | the specs) as other do...

--
Alain Perry