Re: Fwd: Re: Airport Extreme Linux support

OoO Lors de la soirée naissante du lundi 23  février 2004, vers 17:49,
Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> disait:

>> On the same subject but on another front, the broadcom chipset used by apple
>> for the airport extreme is also used in the Linksys WAP54G wifi access point
>> ... which runs under linux. This of course means there is a kernel module that
>> drives the chip, and thus that either Linksys or Broadcom have code some
>> driver for it. It makes me angry to think they would have gone that far and
>> stopped there without considering their customers who care about running linux
>> on their apple hardware.

> If that is indeed true, it would be enough for someone to buy said
> Linksys wifi access point, and then ask for the full kernel sources you
> are legally entitled too by the GPL.

Linksys    already     gives   away   the   sources    of  GPL-derived
software. However, binary modules are  not considered as derivation of
the kernel.
--
# Okay, what on Earth is this one supposed to be used for?
        2.4.0 linux/drivers/char/cp437.uni