debootstrap error with the netinstall image of 13-feb

Hi all,

I just tried to install Linux on an iMac [17'', 1 Ghz G4, 768 MB Ram]of mine, using the new netinstall-image of the 13-feb. It works just very well until at some point it just seems like "crashing":

Installing base system into /target/ failed. Check /target/var/log/debootstrap.log and /target/var/log/debootstrap.err.log for the details.

Now, looking at those log files, i see the following:

***
/target/var/log/debootstrap.log
***
ln: /target/usr/bin/awk: File exists
umount: /target/dev/pts: Invalid argument
umount: /target/dev/shm: Invalid argument
umount: /target/proc/bus/usb: Invalid argument
***
END
***

the debootstrap.err.lo is empty.

The error occurs as well with the beta-2 installer. Thought I don't know whether there have been done many changes since, I just wanted to go sure not to have gotten an unstable netinstall image, resp to go sure that the beta-2 installer isn't somehow obsolete.

Searching on google for error messages concerning this problem brought me to some sites, as for instance: http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2003/debian-boot-200311/msg01473.html or: http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-boot@lists.debian.org/msg35589.html. But the error described never comes close to the one I have, except for they got to search in the same log files as I got to...

Out of memory my partition table looks like
2 bootstrap
3 hfs
4 swap
5 linux

It would be great if some of you could point me in the right direction concerning what I am doing wrong, as I suppose that because I can't find a similar problem it s caused by me ;-).

Please CC me, as at the moment I am not subscribed to the list.

--
Bob Hentges                           |     .''`.
http://bob.hentges.lu/                |    : :'  :