Re: ibook2 dmasound issues...

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 08:50, digger vermont wrote:
> Hello Jared,
>
> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 14:35, jw100199@ohio.edu wrote:
> > I am experiencing problems with my dmasound driver when trying to run audacity.
> >  It appears to be attempting to initialize the device for recording (which is
> > not supported) which causes dmasound to dump the device all together.  Does
> > anyone know a workaround for this?  I am not interested in recording, but my job
> > requires analysis and playback of sound files.  Thanks!
> >
> > -Jared
> >

> I'm also having trouble audacity  along with alsa.
>
> What computer, kernel, sound driver, etc are you using?

There are problems with dmasound on iBook 2"s, not too sure what's up, I
noticed some weird workarounds related to the chip reset code in Apple's
driver, maybe we are missing something there.

I have no time to mess with that now (and I don't have an ibook 2), but
if you feel like digging into the code, I'll gladly take patches ;)

Ben.