Re: XFree86 touchpad driver on iBook

Michael Rex wrote:

Well, at least that's better than no scrollwheel. But now I ran into

some problems.
Small problems ;)

First of all I had no uinput support in the kernel, so I had to
recompile it. The documentation to that option says that the device
file is /dev/input/uinput, not /dev/uinput like mouseemu expects. As
none of those existed I decided to go with the kernel docs, created
/dev/input/uinput and changed the #define in mouseemu.h to point to that
file.
Like you...but I just recompil my kernel and mknod /dev/uinput...but you're right...I will change like you

Scrollwheel emulation works, but while scrolling the cursor constantly
moves from its current position to the right and bottom, no matter in
what direction I scroll. Is this normal?
In my case, the cursor move slowly in the direction of the scroll...I always need to re-point it in my current window...
But it's work fine ! Thanks !

Just for the record: Debian Sarge, 2.6.2-rc1-ben1, iBook G4
Mine is a 2.6.1-ben1 kernel...iBook G4 too (12" 800MHz)

And BTW: why does your tool replace kernel emulation of right and middle
clicks? Can't you use normal kernel emulation and scrollwheel emulation
with your tool at the same time?
Good question...

Bye, Michael

Cheers