kernel .config merging tool?

Greetings. Not really PPC-specific, but well:

Does anybody know of a tool that can merge/extract .config fragments?

The idea is that I'm trying to keep generic features e.g. iptable options, etc.
the same accross acrhitectures, so I would need a way to merge those generic
.config fragments with architecture-specific drivers fragments.

Then, if I ever make any change to those generic features (e.g. if I change my
mind about some iptable option, etc.) then I would need to be able to separately
save them again, so that I can recycle them on other architectures.

This would be especially usefull now that I'm slowly migrating towards 2.6 and
would need to be able to apply similar changes to all architectures, as I'm
learning to recognize which features ended up renamed to something else.

Is there any such tool for easy cross-architecture kernel .config maintenance?

Thanks to anyone who can provide any help with this.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/