dist upgrade experiences and problems

Hi!

I'v just upgraded my woody to testing. Everything went well and the system is
still running ;). Soon after I found out that instead of apt-get upgrade I
should have used apt-get dist-upgrade. I repeated the step and really he
wants to do a lot more work. Among a lot of new packages he wants to remove
almost all of the kde pckages. Now this is a bit strange because there does
not seem to be a replacement in the list of the new packages he wants to
install. So what's going on here?

Another question: I'm seeing the following line a lot when using apt-get:

	the following n packages have been ketp back

what does this meen? Just that he can't find a newer version for them?

Martin