Re: powerbook and debian

El vie, 23-01-2004 a las 08:56, eric.bachard@b.org escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Federico Gamio a écrit :
> > El jue, 22-01-2004 a las 16:31, eric.bachard@b.org escribi�³:
> >

> > Well, not in my case, I use VLC, and I've already instaled xine, and
> > when I want to see a fullscreen avi, my radeon driver can't show all the
> > information...
>
> xine works better than VLC with my albook. For my ibook, VLC seems to be
> better.
>
> BTW : I'm *not* using esd, I'm using gnome2.4 + sawfish + oss.
>

> > I am using radeonfb with XFree 4.3.0-0pre1v5
> > What are your settings?
>
> eric@alube:~$ XFree86 -version

> XFree86 Version 4.3.99.12 (DRI trunk)
> Release Date: 10 September 2003
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
> Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.0-test11-benh ppc [ELF]
> Current Operating System: Linux alube 2.6.2-rc1-ben1 #1 Thu Jan 22
> 22:09:42 CET 2004 ppc
> Build Date: 04 December 2003
> Changelog Date: 10 September 2003
> 	Before reporting problems, check http://www.XFree86.Org/
> 	to make sure that you have the latest version.
> Module Loader present
>

>  From (I think ) :
>

> deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid/

Right now I am using fbdev and XFree86-4.3.0-0pre1.5.
My question is, what packages I need to get to use radeon instead of
fbdev in mi XF86config?
I just get xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk, drm-trunk-modules-src and
xlibmesa-gl1-dri-trunk from these site or I need to get and compile
XFree?

> > Sure you can, I simply get mol from debian/unstable and it works
> > perfectly, I use the installed MacOS X :)
> > I just compile the modules for my runing kernel.
> >

> So, I'll try again. BTW, you can build mol with 2.6.x kernel ?
>
> BTW, I'm using gcc-3.3.3 ( 3.3.3 20040110 (prerelease) (Debian), from
> sid ) and 2.6.2-rc1-ben1

Well, you simple go to /usr/src/modules/mol and do make clean, make ,
make install and mol-modules compiles perfectly under 2.6.1-ben1 and
2.6.2-rc1-ben1
Then you need to execute depmod -a and you are ready to use mol (I
already tested with 2.6.2-rc1-ben1)

--
My software never has bugs.       | ASCII Ribbon Campaign         /"\
It just develops random features. | For Standards-Complaint Email \ /