Re: powerbook and debian

Hi,

Federico Gamio a écrit :
El jue, 22-01-2004 a las 05:26, Angel escribió:
Well, I have an Alu 15" 1.25Ghz with superdrive with Debian and MacOS X.

I've got the same.

Kernel: 2.6.1-ben1

<...cut...> all this hardware works for me too

CPU frequency change: working
Sound: Working

You've forgoten audio CD with xine (for example), or xmms (+ xmms-cdaudio plugin)

Well, you will be part of minority of minority, but everybody want's to
be member of a select club :))))
There are only a few things that I am missing:
Native Wifi support

You already can forgot the airport extreme card : this one will never work (without ugly hacking, I mean) under Linux.

3D aceleration (you can't see DVD or avis in full screen)

I'm not sure you need 3D acceleration for see DVD and avis : with xine I already can do it. avis too. fullscreen give nearly 40% of load to the processor.

External monitor

Yes, important for me : I need this to make my courses...For now I'm using OpenOffice.org with Mac OS X,but if I coul'd use Linux... :-)

Modem

fu... "winmodem". Why di Apple compromise himself with such hardware...

[ANN] : this chipset is for sale for me :-)

Sleep support

I think it's the most important for a laptop : sleep support AND external monitor.

My question : can you use MOL with this laptop. Every time I've tested, the compilation was aborted because a fb problem (userland things or something like that...)

FYI : mol obtained with bk...
...autogen...configure...make...but, for now, no make libimport because make simply abort with a lot of errors.

Regards,

eric

--
NO ePATENTS / NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. See / Voir http://swpat.ffii.org/