Debian on beige G3

Hi everyone,
Finally instaled woody on my (troublesome) beige G3. BUT...
two problems here.
1. The image does not fit in the screen and the lower part it's not possible to see it. 2. After the first session I enabled start X automatically BUT now my keyboard is mistyping the characters so I cannot find where they are. I search key by key but there are some characters missing, it's clearly a misconfiguration but how can I log in or go back to the shell??.
Thanks for your advice
Zag.