Audio/Video editing

Hi,

I've recently installed debian sid in my iMac DV+, but I'm having
problems both with audio and video editing.

Here's the questions...
1) How can I capture video through my firewire?
Note: I have dv1394, raw1394, video1394, ohci in kernel. I almos can
capture, but the video is full of glitches, missing and misplaced
frames. It would be an interesting effect, but not as the only video I
can get :)... I'm trying to capture using kino and dv1394 (not raw1394,
since I couldn't find the device in /dev (I'm using devfs)). When I try
to use the command-line dvgrab it segfaults. BTW, is there something i'm
missing?

2) How to record audio?
Note: I can play audio normally, I can tune the mic's volume (even with
the microfone switched with the line in), but any of the programs I use
on PC work right. I've tried audacity, gnome-record and even some
command-line recorders... Audacity and gnome-record simply doesn't work.
They don't record (but they act as if were), they don't play the file
that was recorded.... Any idea?

P.S.: Any idea would help. I really wouldn't like to install macos
again...

daniel