Re: Airport and WEP

On 19/01/2004 at 15:33, Arnaud FONTAINE wrote:

> My airport card obtains it's IP via DHCP; I noticed something strange when the
> WEP encryption is activated.
>
> #/var/log/syslog
> eth1 : Unknown information frame received (type f202)

Exactly the same here, same messages (I could'nt post'em because I
didn't had my iBook at hand before).

The fact that the interface obtains it's address via dhcp (so do mine)
has nothing to see here (at least in my case). I've tried with static ip
and the messages are exactly the same.

> I don't know if it's due to the encryption or not... It only appears when I ifup
> eth1 with WEP enabled...

In my case, they also appear if I bring up my interface with a static
address and then I try to send traffic to the air (ping or whatever).

--
Kiko

Please do not reply to the sender address of this email; due to spam and
Windows (TM) worms, everything not comming from the list is "stored" in
/dev/null. Put menorqui in the user part to send me anything.  Although,
I prefer replies sent to the list so that others can benefit from the
discussion.  Thanks.