Re: Alsa, once again...

Le Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:01:51PM +0100, Michel Dänzer a écrit :

>daenzer@thor|13:50:01> apt-cache show alsaplayer | grep Depends
>Depends: alsaplayer-gtk | alsaplayer-interface, alsaplayer-oss |
>alsaplayer-output, alsaplayer-common
>
>File a bug if yo think it should default to -alsa.

I will.

>> So I installed it, and now everything I play is just noise...
>
>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=225065

OK, thanks, I'll patch alsaplayer to make it usable.

>> >Alsa still seems to have a couple of problems here (like when changing
>> >the volume the internal speakers turn on although a headphone is plugged
>> >in,
>
>How do you change the volume? The Spkr mixer allows turning on the
>external output even when something is plugged in, which I tend to
>consider a bug (I've embarrassed myself on a train too many times
>already...), but I'm sure some people think it's a feature...

I consider it a bug too :)

>How do you load the ALSA drivers? Does

On boot, with the script in /etc/init.d

>/etc/init.d/alsa restart
>
>help?

Yes it does ! I didn't think it would change anything, I should have.
Alsa seems to work fine if I restart it...

I don't have the problem you mentioned (speakers turn on when raising
volume), but headphones are muted when I plug them in.
The sound is really high when only speakers are used. I checked the bass
level, and it's fine, so I guess the speaker-part in alsa has a problem.

Thanks for your help, alsa's now usable :)

For the info, I have i2c compiled in the kernel, and alsa stuff as
modules. I'll try a kernel with i2c as modules too and report it here.

Cheers,
--
Lucas Moulin