Re: Alsa, once again...

Le Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 08:58:55AM +0100, Soeren Sonnenburg a écrit :
>On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 21:42, Lucas Moulin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've compiled a 2.6.1-ben1 with alsa, installed alsa-base and utils, and
>> now the only thing I can change in the mixer is the one in alsaplayer.
>> Master volume does not work at all. And when I start alsaplayer, I got
>> "Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults."
>> What am I doing wrong ?
>
>install alsaplayer-alsa or load the alsa oss emulation modules
>(snd_mixer_oss, snd_pcm_oss, snd_seq_oss)

Yeah, I figured that out right after I sent my mail :) Having
alsaplayer-alsa is a bit stupid, since I expected alsaplayer to output
with... alsa. Nevermind. So I installed it, and now everything I play is
just noise...

>Alsa still seems to have a couple of problems here (like when changing
>the volume the internal speakers turn on although a headphone is plugged
>in, alsa-player/mplayer when really playing in alsa mode just give
>distorted sounds)

I no longer have this problem (funny) but I can't change the main
volume, so it's not really an improvement ;)

>Oss emulation seems to work fine and also the dmix suggestions from
>Michael Daenzer (say I can have several alsa using players have play at
>the same time, like xmms,mpg123 ...)

I read this, and expect to use it as soon as alsa works correctly.

>However then setting AUDIODEV=default causes immediate seqfaults of
>esd...

I don't use esd, in fact. Could you please post your
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa to see if there's any difference ? I don't know
where my problem could come from besides this file... (or I'm just
unlucky).

Cheers,
--
Lucas Moulin