Re: Kernel 2.4.18-powerpc using BootX

Dang, hit reply instead of reply to list - sorry about the private mail Brad.

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:46:40PM -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > I've replaced the original SCSI CD-ROM drive (2-x speed) with a SCSI
> > CD-R/W drive (32-x speed) [[Aside: The MacOS9 CD driver won't talk to
> > this CD-R/W drive for some reason, so I have to use the Roxio Toast CD
> > driver -- which is OK, since I need it anyway if I'm going to use the
> > "writer" features of the drive!]]
> The classic SCSI CD-ROM driver from Apple has a list of supported
> drives. It refuses to recognize anything not in the list. At one
> point, someone hacked the driver to reverse the comparison, so only
> drives which were not in the list were supported. You may be able
> to find that online somewhere.

Should be at http://www.resexcellence.com/hack_html_99/12-21-98.shtml - Samuel
Rydh (of MOL fame) has also written a couple apps based on this hack to
modify the drivers automagically.  If you have a current MOL installed
they're in the MOL disk image (moldisk.dmg), if you don't have MOL I haven't
a clue - quick google didn't turn anything up.  I shouldn't think there would
be a problem redistributing them, though, they're bundled with MOL and don't
seem to have any given licence attached to them directly. (Correct me if I'm
wrong, anybody.)

The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of
thinking that created them. - Albert Einstein