Re: Can I Install AND boot a new Kernel on an OldWorld PMac?

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:24:20 -0500
Nathanael Hasbrouck <natbrouck@webryders.net> wrote:

> Well, no, what MacOS does on these boxen (I know, I'm typing from one)
> is to reset the nvram completely - patches, boot device, etc.  So all
> you need to do to get stuff reset is boot into MacOS. :^)  I think the
> values are the same as default (i.e., post reseting the pram) for the
> [7x00|8x00|9x00] boxen.  I think I heard someone say this is different
> for beige G3s?
Yes, it only resets real-base (which you don't need to change
anyway), and keeps the OF patches... but my MacOS is still 8.6 : MacOS
9 may act differently.

Simon

--
Simon Vallet
Due to massive spam, the address shown in the From: header