Re: keyboard!#%^&

---------- Original Message
From: "Chris Tillman" <toff1@cox.net>

>AFAIK, /dev/input/mice is the correct node for
all powerpc mice.  You
>might try
>cd /dev
>./MAKEDEV input
>That should at least create the device.

Well, I'm not at all clear on how that worked, but
it worked!  (I'll have to read up on ./MAKEDEV)
Anyway, it finally did the trick -- I ran that
command, and a /dev/input/mice file appeared.
I then did dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and
set the mouse to /dev/input/mice, then edited
/etc/X11/XF86Config so that device: said
/dev/input/mice, then did startx and...

I hope this is of help to anyone else out there
who runs into this and am eternally obliged to
Mr. Tillman for his patience and effort.