Re: fftw3: Patch for powerpc build failure

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 18:59, Lukas Geyer wrote:
> Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> writes:

> > No, as the signal 11 happens on Altivec machines. Which version do you
> > get an illegal instruction with doing what, under what circumstances? (I
> > suspect this should be another bug though)
>
> OK, this really seems to be two different bugs. I get an illegal
> instruction in "make smallcheck" on this iBook G3.

On the same test?

> The gcc version is the most recent in sid. Should I file another FTBFS bug
> about this?

Guess so...

> > > I'm cc'ing -powerpc just in case anyone has any other ideas.
> > > http://bugs.debian.org/223601 has the history. I suppose I *could* just
> > > upload the successful build from my laptop but I'm not very happy about
> > > doing that if it's just going to fail again on the buildd next time
> > > around, or if it indicates some bug which will bite programs linked
> > > against fftw3 ...
> >
> > It fails the same way here as recorded in the bug history. Adding
> > -mabi=altivec to build tests/bench doesn't seem to make a difference
> > here (I do wonder whether all fftw3 dependants were or will be built
> > with it though...).

How to deal with this, file bugs about them to build with -mabi=altivec
as they break?

> Please don't upload again without testing the build on a G3. I tried
> to recompile the checks with -mabi=altivec, but I still get a sig 4
> crash. I will try to find out where this actually comes from, but for
> the moment disabling altivec might be the easiest solution.

Possibly. Disable Altivec, let it enter into testing and then try to
enable Altivec again?

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer