Re: Debian on an iMac 17''

Am Son, den 16.11.2003 schrieb Bob Hentges um 11:57:

> >> No, unfortunatly, that didn't work.
> >>
> >> here is what i entered
> >> 0> boot hd:3,ofboot.b
> >> 	parsing <CHRP-Boot>
> >> 	Bootinfo is not compatible
> >> 	ok
> >> 0>
> >>
> >> :/ isn't there a method to immediatly call the kernel on the cd ?
> >> Might it be related to the fact that I got Panther installed,
> >> and that perhaps it is another openfirmware ? as on the
> >> older imac, jaguar was still running.
> >
> > Yes:
> >
> > boot cd:,\install\powermac\yaboot
> well that works -> the installer gets loaded, thought it still doesn't
> recognize
> my hard disc :/
> >
> > Would you try the below step? If it works for you, then we can make it
> > a general purpose solution for the CDs. Edit the ofboot.b file you put
> > on your disk partition with a text editor. Where it says
> >
> > MacRISC
> >
> > make it read
> >
> > MacRISC MacRISC3 MacRISC4
Chris: I don't really understand what these parameters do. If we should
add them to ofboot.b on the debian-installer cds, could you ask
debian-cd to to change this?

> this works just as well, the installer is booted just fine, but the
> hard disc
> is not recognized neither.
>
> But, when it all is loaded, I can read line saying that there is an
> IBM-blabla attached
> and that it is working or something similar.
> The text scrolls actually to fast for me to be able to read it all. :/
>
> As I already said i got an sarge cd under the hand. I ll try to boot
> that one up now,
> using the same procedure.
If it is possible it would be nice if you could test either the latest
debian-installer daily builds [1] or the debian-installer beta1 [2]. It
is a lot easier to debug problems if you can tell us exactly which
version of debian-installer you used than just some "under the hand"
image that we don't know if it's already outdated or not. You can find
more information on the new debian-installer in the INSTALLATION-HOWTO
[3].

[1]http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/powerpc/daily/
[2]http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/powerpc/beta-1/
[3]http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/doc/INSTALLATION-HOWTO?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup