Re: How to get infrared and/or Nokia working

Christian Jaeger <christian.jaeger@ethlife.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Wohoo, it works (sort of), with your configuration!

Great !

> I can fetch the address list - but some numbers are just empty strings
> :(. This happens with both xgnokii and gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 20
> [ -r ]. It happens for some phone numbers in RAM, not for those in SIM
> but there are only ~4 of them in SIM so that may be luck. It looks
> like it happens for those nicknames longer than 15 chars. (+1 nullbyte
> gives 16 bytes). (Firmware bug or protocol/gnokii issue? I guess I'll
> have to subscribe to the gnokii mailing list if there is any.)

There's a mailing list on sourceforge, it was quite active last I
checked :) I hope you'll get proper support for your phone...

> (And yes, it only works at all if I echo 57600 into the kernel baud
> rate limiter. 115200 does seem to work for discovery,  but not for
> gnokii. And the 57600 setting in .gnokiirc alone does not help either,
> hmm.)

Indeed. I spent a whole week-end tracking down this missing bit...

[GPRS]
> 9 packets transmitted, 8 packets received, 11% packet loss
> round-trip min/avg/max = 950.6/1180.8/1440.7 ms

Not so bad at all :)

> So, apart from a little bit of disappointment about not (yet) being
> able to sync address/calendar data, I've reached my goal.

Glad to read that :-)

> Thanks Julien (and thanks to all involved programmers listening)

You're welcome ! Have fun :)

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>  |  Debian, because code matters more