Re: imac 400 and Xfree

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 00:13, giskard wrote:
> giskard ha scritto:
> >
> > when I  say to X that  he must use FB he says that he can't open
> > /dev/fbX

Sounds like you're running OFfb instead of aty128fb in console.

> > and when I use the ati drivers X give me a fatal server error
> > because he can't find the bios of the video card...

The r128 driver only works with Option "UseFBDev" on Macs, which
requires aty128fb.

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
>         Driver          "r128"
>         BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
>         VideoRam        8000

BTW, specifying a VideoRam directive is a bad idea unless the driver
misdetects the amount of video RAM.

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer