Re: Playing a .mov file with mplayer

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 10:59:24AM +0100, Joe Malik wrote:
[...]
> just played the trailer, works fine for me. I've installed to codecs
> from www.mplayerhq.hu . Grab 'em and you should be go.
[...]
> MPlayer is 1.0rc2, should be same as yours. Different platform though,
> but I think your just missing the right codec.

Correction: mplayer 1.0pre2 already has faad built-in support. Thus mplayer
didn't use the codec I downloaded nor the codec from libfaad/faad packge. The
binary your're using (mplayer-g4 1.0pre2) was built with internal faad
support. I'm kinda puzzled myself it doesn't work since I've got the same
configuration. I'd then go with the advice of the people particapting in this
thread to grab mplayer-cvs and give it a try, this allows you to tweak
mplayer to either use the built-in codec or use the library from package
libfaad2-0.
One last thought: check if /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf (& ~/.mplayer/codecs.conf)
is up to date, if I recall correctly the format was changed somewhere
between 0.90 and 1.0.

Joe