Re: [dvd::rip] Video-DVDRip and Transcode package

SpawnPPC wrote:

> Today I have found the apt-get link for Video-DVDRip and Transcode
> installation for my system, DebianPPC on AmigaONE.
> If I start the installation Synaptic give me this message:
>
> Video-DVDRip and Transcode dipendencies error: libmagick5.5.5 not found.
>
> I have contacted the author of these packages, but it don't reply to me.

Hmm, that's bad.

> Please, give me the apt-get link for download this library or the
> library package.

libmagick is offically available in Debian PPC, but not this specific
version libmagick5.5.5 (instead it's libmagick5.5.7 in testing/sid and
libmagick5 in woody). So the dependencies of your dvd::rip/transcode
packages need to be fixed. You could try to install libmagick5 resp.
libmagick5.5.7 and then force the dvd::rip/transcode installation, but
this may fail.

Try to urge the author of these packages to fix them, or install
transcode and dvd::rip from source.

Regards,

Joern

--