Re: VGA-out problems on a Powerbook

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 19:03, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > So how do I disable Xinerama?
>
> By not enabling it. :) You have Option "Xinerama" in your XF86Config-4.

I've also had commented it out:-(
#       Option          "Xinerama"

but still get:
$  grep -i xinerama /var/log/XFree86.0.log
(II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA

If I do this xrandr is a little more expansive:
$ xrandr
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  156 (RANDR)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (RROldGetScreenInfo)
  Serial number of failed request:  8

and glxinfo continues to claim:
$ glxinfo |head
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No

wow

> > (I just need this feature to give presentations, I don't want to have
> > a display extension).
>
> Wouldn't mirroring be best for this, which is enabled by default for a
> single head configuration?

ehee ehehe whatever.....but at the moment if I simply plug an LCD
monitor (Philips 180P) nothing happens (also if I close and then open
the lid...)

So far I have understood that the packages I installed are correct but
there's this xinerama devil hunging around that breaks my xrandr and 3d
accelaration, got it right?

wouldn't be possible that gdm enable xinerama by default, or that I have
this xinerama built in some package I have?

cheers