Re: swiss german keyboard config needed (xev results)

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 12:52, Andreas Wüst wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 19:19, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > On Saturday 16 August 2003 1:23, Andreas Wüst wrote:
> > > Well, it kind of worked. I could reach the third group via fn+alt (the
> > > left one, I don't remember the right one), but, hmm, not all symbols
> > > worked. For example, I could get [ (fn+alt+5), but I couldn't get ]
> > > (fn+alt+6). { and } was impossible to reach too.
> > >
> > > Strange enough, doing an xmodmap -pke revealed that the keys were
> > > mapped to the ], {, }, etc. symbols as normal!! But they couldn't be
> > > produced!

BTW, I've figured an immediate 'solution' to your ]{} problems. Press fn, then
alt, then release fn, then press 6, 8, or 9. You should get the symbols you
want. I call it a 'solution' because it's probably not that comfortable to
type, but it will work now.

Frank