Re: swiss german keyboard config needed (xev results)

Hi Frank

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 15:27, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2003 12:52, Andreas Wüst wrote:

> BTW, I've figured an immediate 'solution' to your ]{} problems. Press fn, then
> alt, then release fn, then press 6, 8, or 9. You should get the symbols you
> want. I call it a 'solution' because it's probably not that comfortable to
> type, but it will work now.

Well, I really wouldn't call that a solution for LaTeX users.. ;)

But hey, thank you very much!! I've now lost a bit track, testing all
the new laptop keymap versions and its patches. But from my point of
view, this seems to lead to the right solution.

Problems seems to be that Apple likes to change its keyboard layout
every now and then, and also being inconsistent across the various
country variants.

Looking at the various posts and threads now, it seems as there is quite
some mess concerning the x keymaps. So your work is definitely very
useful. Your goal seems to be as general as possible and as specific as
necessary, so the keymaps can be widely reused for all the different
apple keyboards. I think this is the right approach. Very good work!

So if you need any information about the swiss german keyboard layout or
the key labels, feel free to contact me!

--
Best wishes,
Andi