Re: PC graphic adapters on Mac Hardware

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
What we would need now is for somebody to port uBoot's emulator to some
userland app in Linux, and actually try to see if we can get an x86
typical Radeon card to boot in a Mac or not...

While that might be a reasonable short-time plan, what
we *really* need is for graphics card manufacturers to
just include OF drivers on each and every card manufactured,
and recognize x86 as the oddball it is, not treat cards
with a proper firmware as special expensive "Mac cards".

I'm a bit hazy on how to get them to do that, though --
the only way might be to make the OF-booting market so
big that it'll be cheaper for the manufacturers to do so.

Still striving for World Domination,

Segher