Re: PC graphic adapters on Mac Hardware

On 4 Aug 2003 at 10:24, Sven Luther wrote:

> Because nobody has taken the time to do it ? Or if they did, which i
> believe is true, they have not cleaned up the patch and submitted it.
> At least for X, as said, the fbdev cause other problems, and i doubt you
> would get an x86 emulator into the kernel.

Hey, the x87 emulator is there already! Aren't there PPC forks that
would allow for this? You wouldn't get an x86 emu into Linus's
kernel, but it shouldn't be too hard to get it into alternative
kernel sources, would it? Using cheap x86-compatible PCI cards was
one reason I decided to buy a Macintosh and to run Linux on it. Any
help is appreciated! :-)

   Jeroen