Re: Meta Alt oh my!

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 22:23:21 +0200, Frank Murphy wrote:

>> 	No, it is not.  My point is exactly that xmodmap and altwin:meta_win
>> aren't taking effect in :1, only in :1.
>
> So, did you do the above xev on display :1 or :0? Or are they the same on
> both?

	xev gives the same results on :1 and :0.  Notwithstanding,
altwin:meta_win takes effect only on :0, not on :1.  Worse still, after
the last reboot I can only accentuate on :0, not on :1.

>> 	This is what I expect, and what I get in :0 but not in :1.
>
> So, what I think you expect is that, running GNU emacs 21 in X11, you can
> press the <alt/option> key on your keyboard and (for example) the 'x' key and
> get an 'A-x' in emacs' minibuffer. And if you press <Apple-logo/command> and
> 'x', you'll get an 'M-x' in emacs' minibuffer. Is this right?

	Yes.  Again, works on :0 but not :1.

>> > This might be a problem where the Apple keymaps are not mapping the same
>> > as the do on x86. I think the <Windows-logo> key sends Super now, but it
>> > used to send Meta. I'll file a bug with Xfree.
>>
>> 	Wait until we are sure of understanding this better.
>
> I've already sent a fix, and it's been applied to CVS. I'd like the Apple
> keyboard maps to be as like the PC ones as possible.

	So this means 4.3.something should behave as per the key labels...
nice!

	Meanwhile, what could I do with my :1?  Would despair be wise?

--
 _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +41 (21) 648 11 34
/ \  http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/         +41 (78) 778 11 34