Re: XFS enabled Debian 3.0r1 powerpc installer

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 04:59, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Paul van Tilburg schrieb:
> >
> In my experience the most important thing to be able to spin down the
> disk is not writeing to it all the time. This can be accopmlished with
> Jens Axboe's laptop mode patch which is included in latest benh kernels.

apt-get install noflushd

much less invasive, basically changes the commit to disk interval.

also, mount -t tmpfs none /var can help (maybe make a skeleton /var
and cp it over when you go into battery mode.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart@linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia