Re: Java & Galeon

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 11:48:41 +0200, Paul van Tilburg wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 08:01:50PM +0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
>> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
>> /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/ppc/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so [/usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/ppc/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so: undefined symbol: __vt_17nsGetServiceByCID]
>
> This problem occurs in sid (I assume you use that too) on i386 too,

	Sorry, I am using a mix of testing and unstable:

~ $ dpkg -l mozilla* galeon* | grep ii
ii  mozilla                    1.4-2                      Mozilla Web Browser - dummy package
ii  mozilla-bonobo             0.3.0-1                    Mozilla plugin support for Bonobo components
ii  mozilla-browser            1.4-2                      Mozilla Web Browser - core and browser
ii  mozilla-checky             2.0-2                      Online validation and analysis services for Mozilla
ii  mozilla-diggler            0.5-4                      A set of URL manipulation utilities for Mozilla's location bar
ii  mozilla-firebird           0.6-8                      a light-weight browser based on Mozilla
ii  mozilla-locale-auto        0.27                       Automatic Language/Region selection in Mozilla
ii  mozilla-locale-fr          1.3.99.cvs20030707-1       Mozilla French Language/Region Package
ii  mozilla-locale-gl-es       1.4-1                      Mozilla Galician Language Package
ii  mozilla-locale-ptbr        1.4-1                      Mozilla Brazilian Portuguese Language/Region Package
ii  mozilla-mailnews           1.4-2                      Mozilla Web Browser - mail and news support
ii  mozilla-psm                1.4-2                      Mozilla Web Browser - Personal Security Manager (PSM)
ii  mozilla-xft                1.4-2                      Mozilla Web Browser - Xft support files
ii  galeon                     1.3.7.20030723-1           GNOME web browser for advanced users
~ $

> the problem is most of the time the difference in gcc version mozilla/galeon
> and the blackdown Java are compiled with.
> I've build blackdown Java 1.4 for i386 with gcc 3.3 and everything seems working.

	Ugh, I'd like to avoid building... I've done that in the past,
but now I'd like to tread the beaten path...

	But I'll do if there is no other option?

> I followed the steps on
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200306/msg01366.html

	No, this looks like a i[35]86-only hack :-(

> Binary-only distribution _IS_ a problem :)

	Binary-only is OK, the problem is the tools as I understand
it.

--
 _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +41 (21) 648 11 34
/ \  http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/         +41 (78) 778 11 34