powermac kernel 2.4.21 config

Has anyone got a .config for a powerpc 2.4.21-rc6 kernel ??

The debian 2.4.18 and 2.4.19 kernels have a bug in smbfs that causes the date of files to be shown as Jan 1 1970. I couldn't get the debian-2.4.20-powerpc kernel to boot for some reason. Aparently the smbfs bug is due to an implementation of 64 bit division which does not work properly on 32 bit ppc archs. According to the smbfs maintainer this should be fixed in 2.4.21-rc3 or later.

I have exported the source code from the linux_2_4 bitkeeper tree (changeset 1.819 which should be 2.4.21-rc6) but am having trouble getting it to compile. I started with the same config file used in the debian 2.4.20-powerpc kernel as a base. I had problems with the radeonfb video driver and the scsi sim710 driver. The solution so far is to comment them out of the .config file. Has anyone got a working .config file for new 2.4.21 kernels???

I've also had problems with CONFIG_HIGH_MEM. I have over 1 GB of memory in my machine but can only access 512MB. The kernel did not compile with CONFIG_HIGH_MEM set. Has anyone ever used more than 512MB of physical memory? If so, how was it done and with which kernel.

[Some time later]

I got it to compile :) but can't get it to install. I used the make-kpkg utitlity that was mentioned when I did "apt-cache show kernel-image-2.4.20-powerpc". I was expecting a .deb to be created in the parent directory. This has been my experience in the past when building from debian sources but this obviously doesn't work with the orignal bitkeeper sources. "make modules_install" barfed with: depmod: *** unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.21-rc6/kernel/drivers/net/wan/comx.o"
   depmod: proc_get_inode
Any ideas ???

Cheers,
Brendan Simon.