Woody 3.0r1: HELP!

Hello, All:

I am SO frustrated!!!

I was _almost_finished_ installing Woody onto my PowerBook G3 Bronze/Lombard (using the LordSutch.com ISOLINUX mini-ISO image) when my connection to the Berkley FTP server timed-out and my PowerBook went to sleep. When I woke the PowerBook, it couldn't access the HDD:

hda: status timeout: status=0x80 {Busy}
hda: drive not ready for command
ide0: reset: success
hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 {Busy}
hda: lost interrupt
hda: lost interrupt
hda: lost interrupt
{ad nauseum}

...so I zapped the PRAM and re-installed using the existing partitions. That didn't help: I couldn't get past the reboot step of the installation so I...

1. Zapped the PRAM,
2. re-initiallized the HDD,
3. re-partitioned HDD, and then
4. began verifying the 256MB swap partition (before verifiying the 9.1GB root partition).

...but the verification process hung while verifying the swap parition so I had to reboot. (I'm sure that if I didn't have a problem *before* this, I do *now*!)

NOW I CAN'T REBOOT OR RE-INSTALL because the PowerBook still can't find the IDE HDD!!!

What happened?

Eric P.
Sunnyvale, CA