Re: Internet connection test fails on PowerBookG3

Hi dylan and Clive,

Thanks for your advise. But I think I am not far from a solution, as my
internet connection can be established already, the only thing "hanging" is
the final connection to the specific mirror folder during running of
base-config.

Referring to the mentioned link, I want to do everything without a CD burner
and with files to download over my 56K modem connection not bigger than 80
MB.

My intention was to install a minimal system as woody with it's kernel
v.2.2.20 and then upgrade only the kernel to v.2.4.20+ and install all the
other programs I might need (emacs, xfree11, Abiword, Gimp etc.) with
apt-get.

By the way, how can I download the 2.4.20ben8 kernel with rsync to my Mac
not being able to download it through Debian? Do I damage the file when I
download it through fink and store it on an HFS+ partition?

befu