Re: Internet connection test fails on PowerBookG3

why not download one of the base-system iso's here:
http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

then boot the machine into macos, run bootx with the kernel and ramdisk
images from the cd or the debian ftp site.

that seems to best the easiest way to install on an old-world machine...

dylan