Re: PowerMac 7100/80 won't boot

At 9:33 AM -0700 24/1/03, Philip Larkin Waters wrote:
For anyone who can help, I don't know anything about my hardware and the
installation is asking me for my device driver disk. I assume it is not in
the standard woody or potato directories, and that I have to gather them
from near and far. I don't have my installation disks for MAC OS so if I
have to crack open the case to read the hardware, I'm probably dead in the
water, because if I power down I am guessing I'll lose everything. I've
already put up a swap and native partition, and they are the only ones on
the drive anymore. -- help needed.

You really need to start from scratch with MacOS installed. Can you beg, borrow or steal ;-) a MacOS8.6 disc? Once you have that you can boot from the CD, format your hard drive, install the bare minimum MacOS and do a net install as per the link I sent you previously.

Do you have a broadband connection?

Regards

Clive

Clive Menzies & Associates Limited