Re: Powermanagment of the new iBook (11.2002)

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 15:05, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Claas Langbehn <claas@rootdir.de> writes:
>
> >> What do you mean with 'If you can't enter the sleep mode'?
> >>
> >> I found some hints about a package pmud. Do I have to install this
> >> package for making the iBook sleeping?
> >>
> >> Where can I found the patch?
> >
> > Yes, you need the pmud.
> >
> > The kernel patch is at http://people.debian.org/~hafre/radeonfb.c.diff
>
>   Isn't this patch in the current benh kernel ?

A slightly different version is in my bk (2.4.21-pre3), and will
be in my rsync once I release a new snapshot (will be 2.4.20-ben2),
probably early next week.

However, this workaround isn't very satisfying. If you use DRI at
all, the machine will crash, and since the chip isn't suspended
at all, you'll eat more battery power. There may be other problems
as the chip engine can be screwed up badly this, but well, it's
the best we have for now for M7's.

Ben.