Re: Powermanagment of the new iBook (11.2002)

* Benjamin Herrenschmidt (benh@kernel.crashing.org) wrote:
<SNIP>
> >   Isn't this patch in the current benh kernel ?
>
> A slightly different version is in my bk (2.4.21-pre3), and will
> be in my rsync once I release a new snapshot (will be 2.4.20-ben2),
> probably early next week.

Sorry to dredge up an older thread like this...

I haven't been able to find that snapshot, but will keep an eye out for
when it shows up.  Thanks for all the great work so far, though, Ben!
You've made a number of us iBook owners very happy :)

> However, this workaround isn't very satisfying. If you use DRI at
> all, the machine will crash, and since the chip isn't suspended
> at all, you'll eat more battery power. There may be other problems
> as the chip engine can be screwed up badly this, but well, it's
> the best we have for now for M7's.

Could I please trouble one of you with the iBook M7 sleep/suspend
kernel hack working for your .config file?  I'd like a starting point
to figure this out, as I'm a little lost right now.  I bought one of
the new Radeon iBooks, and I'd love to get all of those features I've
read about working.  It sounds like a few of you have pretty much all
of it going now... (perhaps even that blinky suspend light?)

Thanks in advance,
Mike Pfleger
pfleger@pfleger-precision.com
(250) 479-0321